Here are my resolutions for 2012, though I might not continue most of them by mid-year.
- Stop cursing. I’ve been trying to do this for years. But I always end up cursing a few words, then more continuously. I need to slap myself.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, with the exception of wine.
- Work out regularly. I don’t know what kind of workout yet, but maybe I’ll start running the treadmill every other day to keep my stamina up and also keep my body in shape.
- Pass the JLPT exam for 2012. I guess this is also a resolution. A resolution to study hard for the exams and actually pass it.
- Be less clumsy. I am a total klutz. But I think that can be changed if I just be extra careful.
- Save up money. Spend less and buy only necessary things. I’m no longer a student by February so I won’t be getting my weekly allowance from my dad anymore. I need to save up while I look for a job, and while I’m working. Save, save, save!!
- Write something everyday. Be it on this blog, or on my travel blog, or a random story on the top of my head. Anything. As long as I write something creative everyday. I still have to edit my 2011 NaNo and finish some stories I’ve left unfinished.
- Read at least 52 books. In line with writing, I have to keep reading too. So I pledge to read at least 52 books, one for each week. Since I can finish some books in a day or two, it won’t be too hard. Going over this number would be the best.
- Be more tolerant. I’ve been unusually moody these past few weeks, especially at home. I get mad easily with my dad or my sisters when they do or say anything annoying. I’ll change that.
For now, these are my new year’s resolutions. I just hope I’ll be able to keep all of them throughout 2012.
I’m now thinking of my end-of-year post. :)
Meanwhile, check out my first Hawaii post on my travel blog.